These guides will help walk you through specific use cases related to Read the Docs itself, documentation tools like Sphinx and MkDocs and how to write successful documentation.
Sphinx & MkDocs how-to guides¶
These guides will help you get the most out of your documentation authoring tool whether that is Sphinx or MkDocs.
Read the Docs how-to guides¶
These guides will help you customize or tune aspects of the Read the Docs build environment.
- Autobuild Documentation for Pull Requests
- Enabling Build Notifications
- My Build is Using Too Many Resources
- Technical Documentation Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Guide
- Canonical URLs
- Conda Support
- I Need Secrets (or Environment Variables) in my Build
- Feature Flags
- Enabling Google Analytics on your Project
- Searching with Read the Docs
- Sitemaps: An SEO tool for documentation
- Specifying Dependencies
- Wiping a Build Environment