This feature only exists on Read the Docs for Business.
You can share your project with users outside of your company:
- by sending them a secret link,
- by giving them a password.
These methods will allow them to view a specific project inside your company.
Additionally, you can use a HTTP Authorization Header. This is useful to have access from a script.
- Go into your Project Admin page and to the Sharing menu.
- Under the Share with someone new heading, select the way you prefer (secret link, password, or HTTP header token), add an expiration date and a Description so you remember who you’re sharing it with.
- Click Share! to create.
- Get the info needed to share your documentation with other users:
- If you have selected secret link, copy the link that is generated
- In case of password, copy the link and password
- For HTTP header token, you need to pass the
Authorizationheader in your HTTP request.
- Give that information to the person who you want to give access.
You can always revoke access in the same panel.
Sharing using a password and a HTTP header token are currently in beta. If you want access to these features, email us to email@example.com.
Once the person you send the link to clicks on the link, they will see an Authorization required page asking them for the password you generated. When the user enters the password, they will have access to view your project.
HTTP Authorization Header¶
You need to send the
Authorization header with the token on each HTTP request.
The header has the form
Authorization: Token <ACCESS_TOKEN>.
curl -H "Authorization: Token 19okmz5k0i6yk17jp70jlnv91v" https://docs.example.com/en/latest/example.html